Do you need a Shower Filter?
Most people know how important it is to drink clean water and filter out impurities, but did you know that unfiltered shower water can be harmful? Unfiltered water contains germs, bacteria, harsh chemicals, water chlorination as well as other contaminants that can lead to health problems. It may cause your hair to change in color, skin problems such as eczema, and could even lead to more serious diseases.
A shower filter is usually attached to the shower arm. Other types can also be placed between the shower head and shower arm. In some cases, it is part of the shower head. The equipment uses a chemical reaction to remove contaminants such as bacteria and chlorine, which are harmful. Professional filters use Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KFD) and carbon to fight contaminants. In some cases, they use vitamin C. Vitamin C is an ascorbic acid, meaning it reacts with effectively neutralizes the chlorine present in water.
Shower filters usually contain filter media to target the contaminants. The two main types are:
- – Granulated activated carbon: This is an excellent water filtering medium to remove chlorine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and other harsh chemical contaminants.
- – Granular ceramic spheres: This is another type of filter that effectively fights bacteria and inhibits limescale formation. It also targets other chemicals present in the water.
Shower filters have multiple physical and psychological benefits because of their scientific design and advanced engineering. More people are becoming educated about the impact of shower waters, and are buying shower heads for holistic therapy and personal wellness.
In this article, we will discuss some hidden benefits of using a shower head filter, apart from cleaner water. The main ones are…
1) Less Chlorine
Freedom from the negative effects of chlorine is an important benefit you can enjoy from using shower filters. The filters are made with combinations of active carbon, KDF, calcium sulfite, and ceramic beads, which eliminate chlorine. Some filters also use reverse osmosis, or the ion exchange method to eliminate volatile chemicals. Here are some positive effects of using one:
- Cleansing your skin: The soft water from the water filter cleanses the cells on your skin and pores, up to the dermis layer. The pH level of the water helps to dissolve the dirt deposits present in the pores at a flow rate of 2.75ga/min. It also removed the excess sebum, which is present on the oily skin layers. Additionally, soft water enhances the moisture-retaining ration of skills for people who have dry skin problems. You can see the health of your skin improving every day, and your skin becoming softer and firm because of the active collagen molecules.
- Your skin absorbs healthy minerals: Filtering harmful volatile chemicals results in pure shower water. Your skin can now absorb healthy minerals such as calcium, sodium, and potassium. Carbon filters and the KDF convert harmful chlorine into chloride by adding a negative ion into the molecular structure, which helps in converting the hard water into soft water, which conditions your skin to restore its texture and tone. The pure water removes toxic elements in the dermis and enables the free flow of vitamins and proteins.
- Anti-aging: After the water removes dead and dry skin cells from the epidermis, what follows is the development of new tissues and cells. This improves the condition of the skin, resulting in an anti-aging effect. The minerals in the water also improve the tensile strength of the tissues and reduce the chances of getting wrinkles.
- Improved blood flow to the skin: The combination of infrared and ceramic crystals injects energized ions into the shower water. This process results in the stimulation of blood vessels that are connected to the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin. Temperature and pressure also enhance the stimulation effects and cause free flow of oxygenated blood, and the veins carry the maximum volume of nutrients to the layers of the skin.
2) Fewer Bacteria
Unfiltered shower water contains microscopic bacteria, which can increase the probability of skin infection and diseases. The shower filter can eliminate more than 99.5% of these harmful elements. This results in:
Preventive care: The water free of bacteria has the highest concentration of carbonated ingredients because it passes through the active carbon layer and gets more energized. This shower water enhances the immunity of the skin significantly. One of the important benefits that you can experience is the reduced probability of acne and skin rashes.
Removal of free radicals: Removing free radicals from your skin also leads to a balance of sebum in your skin. If you have oily skin, the result is a sticky feeling that you experience minutes after taking a shower because of the increased moisture retention and control of sebaceous glands from producing more sebum. With a water filter for your shower, you can also enjoy naturally enhanced immunity levels by a considerable amount because of the activation of Vitamin C and D.
- Healing care: The layers in the filter induce healing effects from skin allergens that use irritation when you get exposed to perfumes, soaps, and other toiletries as well as excessive sunlight. The healing effect results from the anti-bacterial characteristic of the water. The water molecules also reduce the effects of rashes and skin infections.
3) The Spa Effect
The spa effect resulting from pure shower water can reduce the stress on your muscles and heal your nerves. You can choose both the head and handheld shower filters so that you can enjoy the maximum benefits. The spa effect results to:
- Activated nerves: The positive impact of filtered shower water reaches the nervous system and helps in restoring its stability and strength. The American Neurology Association recommends the regular use of water filters for the maintenance of the nervous system.
- Relaxed muscles: the pressure of water flow from the handheld shower water helps to relieve the muscular stress on your body. The healing effect of the water is said to have far-reaching effects on the tensile and flexibility strength restoration.
- Healing spinal cord: The spa effect can also heal many of the moderate levels of pain related to the spinal cord. You can use the handheld shower to relieve the accumulated stress on the length of the spinal cord, which results in an energized body and brain.
- Long-term exposure to filtered shower water relieves stress from the internal organs such as the liver, kidney, bowels, and metabolic system. In the long run, you can enjoy benefits such as relaxed blood vessels, easier bowel movement, and reduced stress on your lower back.
4) Healthier Hair
Public water goes through a thorough sanitation and treatment process before it gets to your house. One of the ways that cities make sure that the water is disinfected is by adding chlorine or chloramine. This method is effective in killing bacteria, but it is also toxic to humans. Even small amounts of chlorine can have a significant effect on the body.
When water with chlorine washes over your skin, it destroys Vitamin E and other fatty acids, which keep your hair healthy. The chlorine in the water that you use to lather your hair strips natural oils and can leave your hair looking frizzy and dry. A shower filter can help neutralize these chemicals and leave your hair clean with moisture, which your hair desperately needs, retained.
5) Improves Your Respiratory Health
Breathing in pure water could help to improve your respiratory health. This is because shower water contains chlorine, which is vaporized into the air when you shower, increasing the chances of inhaling it. Inhaling chlorine can result in numerous medical conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. With a filter, your lungs and throat will no longer feel irritated.
With a shower filter, you can also say goodbye to the swimming pool-like smell in your baths caused by chlorine. After the chlorine is removed from the water, you can now smell the difference, and you will be amazed by how great your body and hair smells after the shower.
6) Lowers Your the Risk of Getting Cancer
When chlorine in your water comes into contact with organic matter, it combines with other compounds present to form THMs (Trihalomethanes), also known as chlorination by-products. These THMs trigger the body to produce free radicals, which lead to cell damage and are considered to be highly carcinogenic. This means that they can cause cancer.
Although concentrations of these carcinogens are low, it is exactly these low levels that cancer scientists believe are responsible for the majority of human cancers in the United States, according to the Environmental Defense Fund.
A study conducted by Hartford Connecticut shows that women with breast cancer were 60% more likely to have higher levels of THMs in their breast tissue compared to women without.
Another study by Brown University also found the relationship between chlorine levels and bladder cancer. Installing a shower filter can save your life.
7) Easy to Install and Maintain
To install a shower filter in your home, you don’t need any special plumbing skills or expertise. The process only takes a few minutes, and you don’t require any special tools either. Maintenance of the filter is also effortless because most of the time you will only need to replace the cartridge.
Additionally, you don’t have to buy many new items if you already have a shower, as many shower systems can accommodate shower filters. This means that you can easily do away with heavy metals and impurities, without having to spend a fortune.
Why Do You Need a Shower Water Filter?
You may have experienced changes in the way your hair and skin feel after showering in different locations and cities. Indeed, different locations have different kinds of water, and these sources contain various chemicals and minerals. You’ve already heard of soft and hard water from this article, and this is a wider topic. As explained earlier, one of the chemicals that can damage your hair and skin is chlorine. This is why you need a filter to eliminate this chemical.
Get healthier, softer hair and skin by installing a simple shower filter – not only will you externally feel the benefits, you’ll be healthier and happier on the inside too.
Given the number of people getting sick these days, you have to spend more of your money on items that keep you safe. Bathroom accessories that keep you and your family clean and safe are worth buying.
Apart from shower filters, you also have to filter your drinking water to ensure that you don’t suffer from the effects of toxic chemicals present in water. These filters are capable of reducing the contaminants in your water. For more information on the kind of filter you need, you should consider talking to a specialist.
A little about me, my name is Rickie “Water Guy” Anderson, I personally research my guides and if you have corrections, inquiries, suggestions etc.. please feel free to send me an E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on twitter at twitter.com/hlthywaterguide and facebook at facebook.com/healthywaterguide.